Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Starting out
From: "Michael Boman" <michael.boman () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:46:02 +0100

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Damian <avghacker () gmail com> wrote:
Hey all I have a quick question about starting out in the computer security industry.  How did everyone break into
that field?  I'm a recent college grad ( may 2008 ) and thought it would be easier to get an admin job or something
that would lead me into this field.  I understand that it takes experience but any suggestions on what type of job or
position to build that experience in?

Depends if you want to tackle the technical or the organizational part
of security. If technical try get a job as a sys or net admin, if
organizational try the big accounting firms (KPMG, Deloitte, EY, PWC).

The biggest thing not to do: do not do something that can get youself
in trouble with the law. If you got a record your chances in the
business is pretty slim, so above all stay on the right side of the
law.

Best regards
Michael Boman

--