Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Judge orders defendant to decrypt PGP-protected laptop - CNET News
From: Shreyas Zare <shreyas () technitium com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 23:23:27 +0530

Hi,

As already mentioned by one list member, another hard drive image will
be produced before you to enter correct password this time or face
consequences.

Regards

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 7:29 AM, <aragonx () dcsnow com> wrote:

I'm not familiar with PGP...does it provide for Plausible Deniability?

It does not.

What True Crypt needs is a kill phrase.  You give someone that phrase (or
type it in yourself) and it just starts a military format or adds another
layer of encryption with a randomly generated pass phrase.

Or would that not work?

---
Will Y.

--
("Computers have a strange habit of doing what you say, not what you
mean." - SANS Top 25 Most Dangerous Programming Errors)

Shreyas Zare
Co-Founder, Technitium
eMail: shreyas () technitium com

..::< The Technitium Team >::..
Visit us at www.technitium.com
Contact us at theteam () technitium com

Join Sci-Tech News group and get the latest science & technology news
in your inbox. Visit http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sci-tech-news
to join.

No time or budget for traveling to a training course in this fiscal year? Check out the online information security
courses available at InfoSec Institute. More than a boring "talking head", train in our virtual labs for a total
hands-on training experience. Get the certs you need: CEH, CPT, CEPT, CISA, CISSP, CISM

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/request_online_training.html