Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Unix/Linux security events
From: s0h0us () yahoo com
Date: 9 Dec 2009 16:54:21 -0000

Hi List,
We have deployed IBM Tivoli agents to Unix and Linux servers in order to collect security events and dump to a syslog
server. But which security events to log? Is there a baseline document that can provide guidelines? or a document that
describes events generated by these devices?

thanks in advance.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1