Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: When SPAMMERS Pay You !
From: Shreyas Zare <shreyas () technitium com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 19:21:15 +0530

Hi,

That mail came from paypal server, I did verify the mail headers and I
have that eCheck payment in my account too (although the entire amount
is deducted as fees, so I get nothing).

Regards,

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 3:04 AM, Meta Junkie <metajunkie () gmail com> wrote:

Shreyas Zare:

From the limited email details you gave, it looks like the message
didn't actually come from PayPal.

Did you actually receive the ten cent deposit into your account?

If I was to wager, just based upon what I see here - I'd say you
didn't.  This looks more like a fishing (aka phishing) attack.  But,
if I'm wrong in my guess - please let me know!

- metajunkie

ps - I have an article or two regarding other phishing attacks at
http://cyber-jutsu.blogspot.com

--
("Relax, its only ONES and ZEROS !")

Shreyas Zare
Co-Founder, Technitium
eMail: shreyas () technitium com

..::< The Technitium Team >::..
Visit us at www.technitium.com
Contact us at theteam () technitium com

Join Sci-Tech News group and get the latest science & technology news
in your inbox. Visit http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sci-tech-news
to join.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1