Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Static or Dynamic IP
From: Alan Greig <alan.greig () net-defence co uk>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 17:37:39 +0000

There are a number of Dynamic DNS providers that would allow you to
offer a website on a dynamic IP however it would be problematic at best.
Have a look at dyndns.

Cheers.

Alan

On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 17:09 +0000, Dont Know wrote:
Well, I was surprised to see that though.
So I'm looking for some mechanism, that I may come to know abt it,
before working on it...

Alan Greig wrote:
I would be surprised if a site of any note be offered on a dynamic
IP. If the dns for the site is a mainstream dns provider chances are
its on a static ip. Easiest way to confirm does the IP ever change?