Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: How do I find out what hop is not forwarding traffic on a specific port?
From: "Rivest, Philippe" <PRivest () transforce ca>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 13:22:25 -0500

I'm not totally sure, but I believe your looking for a tool like Netcat.

http://netcat.sourceforge.net/

-Outbound and inbound connections, TCP or UDP, to or from any ports.
-Built-in port-scanning capabilities, with randomizer.

Basically you need to setup Netcat like tracert/route and specify UDP/TCP
and the port.

Hope this helps

Philippe Rivest - CEH, Network+, Server+, A+
TransForce Inc.
Internal auditor - Information security
Verificateur interne - Securite de l'information

8585 Trans-Canada Highway, Suite 300
Saint-Laurent (Quebec) H4S 1Z6
Tel.: 514-331-4417
Fax: 514-856-7541