Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: How do I find out what hop is not forwarding traffic on a specific port?
From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 11:06:15 -0800

  Most versions of traceroute use either ICMP or UDP, both of which are
connectionless.  The
methods used by traceroute don't depend on using a connection-oriented
protocol, and it should
be possible to adapt the mechanisms used by traceroute to this purpose --
odds are that someone
has already done so and it's just a case of finding their tool.

David Gillett