Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Rouge Wireless AP
From: Daniel Hood <dsmhood () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:12:53 +1100

I know on Cisco switches they have a feature called "port security",
where you can limit the number of MAC addresses on a switches port.
You can limit the amount of MAC addresses on each port to just one and
also limit it to the first IP plugged in. That way if someone plugs a
Wireless AP in, it will shutdown the port and they will have to
contact you to get it opened. You could try implementing something
like this. I'm not sure what the feature is called on other brand
switches but googling should turn it up.

Daniel