Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Examples of employee harassment during a penetration test
From: dimkovtrajce () yahoo com
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 02:25:35 -0700

Hi,

have you heard of any lawsuits where an employee sues the company for harassment during a (physical) penetration test?

Here is an example scenario: the organization asks for a penetration test from a consultancy company. During the
penetration test the consultancy company performs social engineering (which is allowed in the Rules of engagement) on a
few employees. After the debriefing, the employee files for harassment.

I am writing an academic paper on physical penetration testing, and I am interested in legal cases where the employees
felt so threatened during the penetration test, that sued their company.

Thank you for all responses and pointers

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1