Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: How to detect process using ICMP
From: egopfe () gmail com
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 01:20:31 -0700

sending out where?
Note that there are a lot of covert channel shell over ICMP. One stupid for example is:
http://billiejoex.altervista.org/Prj_Py_soicmp.shtml

Just analizing icmp would be difficult to identify what is happening, expecially if the payload is encrypted.

I think you machine is compromised. Grab out the HD, mount it read only on another machine and analize it with forensic
tools such Deft Linux.

regards,

Federico

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1