Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Recommendations on netbook for IA toolkit
From: IBug_1 <ibug_1 () comcast net>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 14:52:41 -0500

Thanks for all the feedback.

Tim

At 05:09 PM 12/2/2010, IBug_1 wrote:
I'm looking to develop an Information Assurance (IA) toolkit consisting of multiple software tools on a laptop. The
toolkit needs to do vulnerability scanning and penetration testing (metasploit, nessus, nmap, ucsniff, wireshark,
etc.) Currently thinking is a Linux host OS with VMware with Windows and LiveCDs in virtual machines.

What I'm asking is if anyone has experience with working netbooks similar to this and if so what do they recommend. A
netbook with 2 GB RAM, 250 GB hd, 10/100 enet, 802.11n is the target machine but not sure what brand or model. I've
heard there are issues with some hardware and would like to avoid reinventing the wheel.
Thanks

Tim

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1