Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Firewalking & Netcat & Statistics
From: Cody John <cody () overstock com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 15:13:00 -0700

Is this something you can accomplish using nmap and iperf?

On Feb 2, 2010, at 2:02 PM, Ross Bielski wrote:

I am currently searching for a tool to test firewall port rules, and measure possible throughput on any given port
using any given protocol.
What I have been trying to do on my own is script netcat to connect to another instance of netcat on another
networked computer and scan through all ports both ways instantly and tell me which ports are able to have two way
communications. Further I am trying to figure out a way to funnel as much raw random binary information over the
bidirectional net links as possible, returning an output of how much was possible and in which directions. Even
further I want to pass every type of higher level protocols such as VOIP, RTP, FTP, SSH, through every possible port
and test bandwidth this way also over every possible port. I have not been able to teach myself how this is possible
without writing an intense program I don't have the experience for. Does anyone have information of a toolset that
has this sort of capability, or maybe a project that is developing something like this?
Any help or direction greatly appreciated.
Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works,
how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test,
purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for
set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital
certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message is intended only for the use and review of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message solely to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify sender immediately by telephone or return email.  Thank
you.