Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Tool to quickly export all logs on a Windows box
From: Wim Remes <wremes () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 19:27:32 +0100

Hi,

wmic ntevent list brief

play with the /NODE switch to do multiple machines at once.

http://ss64.com/nt/wmicglobal.html should give you a good overview of what's possible with wmic.

Cheers,

Wim
On 16 Feb 2010, at 18:55, Stephen Mullins wrote:

List,

I am looking for a good, preferably free, tool that is able to export
all logs on a Windows box to .txt files quickly.

Or, does anyone know of a way to remotely pull all system logs off a
Windows box using active directory or SMS?

Ultimately I'd like to be able to export all system logs to .txt
format using a list of select computer names.

Thanks list,

Steve Mullins

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works,
how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test,
purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for
set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital
certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1