Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Tool to quickly export all logs on a Windows box
From: Dave Kleiman <dave () davekleiman com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:33:38 -0600

Download Log Parser from the MS website.

-----------save as security.sql--------------

SELECT
        TimeGenerated AS TimeGenerated,
        EventID AS EventID,
        EventTypeName AS EventTypeName,
        EventCategoryName AS EventCategoryName,
        SourceName AS SourceName,
        ComputerName AS ComputerName,
        SID AS SID,
      Message as Message
INTO %NAME%_Security.csv
FROM %NAME%\Security
GROUP BY TimeGenerated,EventID,EventTypeName,EventCategoryName,SourceName,ComputerName,SID,Message
ORDER BY TimeGenerated ASC

-----------save as security.sql--------------

At the prompt:

Logparser file:security.sql?name=ENTER COMPUTER NAME OR IP

Just change the two below lines where they say Security to Application and then System, save as application.sql and
system.sql

INTO %NAME%_Security.csv
FROM %NAME%\Security

Logparser file:application.sql?name=ENTER COMPUTER NAME OR IP

Logparser file:system.sql?name=ENTER COMPUTER NAME OR IP

Could probably write a batch to enter the NAMES automatically.

Respectfully,

Dave Kleiman - http://www.ComputerForensicExaminer.com - http://www.DigitalForensicExpert.com

4371 Northlake Blvd #314
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410