Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Detecting/estimate whether data is encrypted
From: Ansgar Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 20:42:19 +0100

On 2010-02-19 rwh () gsu edu wrote:
Compression is encryption.

No.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"All vulnerabilities deserve a public fear period prior to patches
becoming available."
--Jason Coombs on Bugtraq

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1