Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: an Internet connection monitoring
From: Markus Schwaiger <office () msi at>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 21:07:48 +0200

If the tool should be running on Linux/BDS/Posix and be REAL simple (34KB download, installed in a few minutes...) I can recommend AutoStatus:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/autostatus/
http://www.angio.net/consult/autostatus/

Autostatus is a network monitoring program for hosts and services. It is designed to befast and extremely easy to use.
It monitors by icmp pings and byattempting TCP connections to specified ports.

We've been using it for years and are still monitoring 40-50 systems with it.

MfG

        Dipl.-Ing. Markus Schwaiger

--
MSI - DI M. Schwaiger
Staatlich konzessioniertes Detektivunternehmen