Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RSA Compromise
From: Benjamin Kenneally <drunken.monkey.security () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 13:05:09 -0500

It seems to me it's analogous to hearing that there's been a robbery on
your block. You check and make sure the doors and windows are locked
before you go to bed. Do you have an alarm system? If so, do you
actually arm it?

Check and make sure your security policy is in place and being followed,
and keep an eye out for anything suspicious. That's all you need to do.

If the breach of another company results in you having to change the
security setup internal to your company, you might want to review your
dependence on outside companies for security. Do you have failovers in
place for when they fail? Are they your single security point?

Just my thoughts.

- -Benjamin