Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Need Advice regarding career in pen-testing Please help me
From: "phillip () bailey st" <phillip () bailey st>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 21:57:10 +0100

Hi Joseph,

in this field experience is the key to success, get your hands dirty
with code and and learn how things really work, develop your own tools,
break stuff and try to understand how you did it. Get involved in some
project, visit infosec conference, hang around with info-sec people.
Certifications and PHDs might help only when you become a skilled and
respected pen tester.

My two cents.

Phillip