Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

[Network] Reaching the right target
From: Miguel Regala <mikfisher64 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 13:39:20 +0100

Dear list,

One thing that confuses me is doing a pentest of a machine across the
wan, using a VPN or a proxy chains. The thing is, how do i know that i
have a reliable, virtual pipe? i.e there are times when i can ping a
webserver and i reach the intended target and others i am
pinging/scanning some middle device.

Bottom line:
a) How can I be sure I'm reaching the right target and have a reliable
connection between my machine and the target? (without loss of
packets, etc)
b) is there anyway i can assess the problem? That is discover what's
preventing me for reaching the target.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1