Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Reverse Proxy
From: charlie () funkymunkey com
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:58:46 +0100

Hi,

I am wondering how someone would find out the IP address of a web server if it were behind a reverse proxy, but still on a public IP? Say for instance, the website was using CloudFlare, the A record points to CloudFlare but the website is hosted elsewhere on a public IP.

Charlie

This message was sent from the FunkyMunkey mail server (mail.funkymunkey.co.uk) If you have any queries/complaints regarding mail sent from this server please direct them to admin () funkymunkey com

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1