Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Beginner level security
From: "phillip () bailey st" <phillip () bailey st>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:58:58 +0200

Hello,

if you are looking for vulnerable distro and application, take a
look here
http://bailey.st/blog/2010/09/14/pentest-lab-vulnerable-servers-applications-list/

Best,

Phillip

On 09/26/2011 08:52 AM, J Teddy wrote:
Some of these may have been mentioned.

Seeing as your an apps student, your first stop may be OWASP -
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page

Damn Vulnerable Web Application (DVWA) - http://www.dvwa.co.uk/

Google Gruyere- http://google-gruyere.appspot.com/

Check out Cisco SAFE documentation.

Metasploit Unleashed -
http://www.offensive-security.com/metasploit-unleashed/Metasploit_Unleashed_Information_Security_Training

Offensive Security - Pen Testing with Backtrack -
http://www.offensive-security.com/online-information-security-training/penetration-testing-backtrack/

Securitytube (check out the mega primers) -
http://www.securitytube.net/groups?operation=viewall&groupId=0

To practise on:
Metasploitable -
http://blog.metasploit.com/2010/05/introducing-metasploitable.html