Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Host responses only in case of range scan
From: Matias Katz <matias () matiaskatz com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 17:01:26 -0300

Hey Martin,

Doing a parallel scan in an entire range splits the scan across hosts,
lowering the number of packets sent to the same host in a row, thus
cheating the IDS.

That's what could be happening to you.

Bye!

Matias Katz

Mail: matias () matiaskatz com
GPG:  0x8C7C3B7E
TW:   @matiaskatz
Blog: www.matiaskatz.com

Buenos Aires, Argentina

On 13/09/11 06:49, TAS wrote:
You can reduce the subnet to include 10.10.10.1 and still do a range
scan without the grep and see the results.

-
TAS
http://twitter.com/p0wnsauc3