Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: How to disable USB in 64 bit environment
From: Michael Sturtz <Michael.Sturtz () PACCAR com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 16:15:59 -0700

Why don't you use GPO (Group Policy Objects)?  You can disable USB storage devices in GPOs and even if the user is a
local administrator they will not be able to access USB storage devices.  Policies are dynamically updated and enforced
by the system.  If you do not have Active Directory then you can use local policy to disable the USB storage devices.
Michael