Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Identifying Malware in Outbound Traffic
From: "IT \(Hafeez Abdul Rahman\)" <HafeezR () emiratesNBD com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 18:59:50 +0400

Dear Helly..

If I did understand what you're looking out for then I would say check out Fireye.com
That should help ,as it tries to perform heuristic detection and also malware/Trojan/Bots on your internal network
trying to perform a call back.

This doesn't do a signature based detection like the anti-viruses usually does and hence can also pull out zero day
attacks based on attack patterns that the anti-virus usually misses.

It's a paid tool thou..
I am not aware if we have a free version of the same...

Regards
Hafeez Abdul Rahman