Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: VPN Service
From: xgermx <xgermx () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 13:07:58 -0600

Sounds like WiTopia might be a good fit for you.
https://www.witopia.net/

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Pierre Jaury <pierre () jaury eu> wrote:
Additionally to my previous reaction: using Tor is almost no better than
using VPN. At least it does not create artificial central communication
points, yet it does not actually help with anonymity or obfuscation: you
are not anonymous or safe using the remote application unless this
application includes such features.

The only actual interesting Tor use case remains hidden services imho.