Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Binary Analysis with Internal Solutions
From: "Ward, Jon" <Jon_Ward () SYNTELINC COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 12:13:59 -0400

1.) Those binaries need to be tested.  Bugs in them will be found.  The
good guys need to be the first to do it.
2.) Depending on the number of instructions, reversing a binary could
take a huge amount of time.  I would make binary analysis a separate
service so that it will not hinder the progress of vulnerability
testing.
3.) If these are internal apps, consider source code analysis.  It can
be automated.  That makes it a scalable, repeatable service.

-jon