Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Unknown user found in AD and SonicWall
From: Alex Dolan <dolan.alex () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 15:01:34 +0800

In a recent audit of one of our clients networks, I came across a new
user in active directory, and a dial in access through the firewall.
It was " Syn IT development access"

The Program, Syn, is a legitimate program used by the client, so we
called the developers and they said the port is used on only special
occasions, none of which the client had ever needed.

What I want to set up is a trap-and-trace for the user, see where they
are connecting from and what they're getting up to.

Any suggestions on how to do this? OS is Windows server 2008R2

Thanks in advance

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1