Home page logo
/

basics logo Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Bank Of Montreal Online Security
From: Davin Enigl <davinenigl () comcast net>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 22:09:14 -0700

You are fooling yourself guys. If it's published (as below), it's in a database and crackable. Better: use OTP tokens. There will be no re-play attacks possible.

Besides, keyloggers capture your static passwords no matter what you come up with. Use an OTP like Yubikey. I's 44-63 random characters long and different every time. Static passwords are obsolete.