Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

The list
From: jcgreen () fire com (Jon Green)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 1995 20:41:13 -0500

Why is all of this mail about password hashing algorithms and the like
going to bugtraq?  Doesn't this belong on comp.security.unix or
something?  I understood that this list was for urgent bugs that could
affect security, not a security discussion list.  Personally, I don't
have time to read all of this to filter out what is urgent and what is
not, and I imagine many other people are in the same boat.

-Jon

* Jon Green        *              LINUX!            * 3014 West St.#3      *
* jcgreen () fire com * The Choice of a GNU Generation * Ames, Iowa 50014     *
* Jon2 () IRC         *  http://www.fire.com/~jcgreen  * Phone (515) 296-1567 *