Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Watcher is invasion of privacy [was: Network Monitoring and Control (announcement)]
From: mouse () Collatz McRCIM McGill EDU (der Mouse)
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 1995 06:58:16 -0500

[talking about Watcher]

Am I the only one who feels this is an invasion of privacy?
No.  You're not the only one.  It most certainly is.

I have trouble seeing how it's any more an invasion of privacy than
existing tools like etherfind are.  What is it that makes this one so
objectionable?  I don't want an answer to that, actually; I just want
you to think about it.

Is it automatic assembly of packets into TCP data streams?

Is it a point-and-drool GUI interface?

                                        der Mouse

                            mouse () collatz mcrcim mcgill edu

  By Date           By Thread