Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: password backdoors
From: book () ahpca hpc org (Larry Bookstaver)
Date: Fri, 12 May 95 11:27:31 -0400

I have also heard that the hardware password (and all the
other ROM settings) will get wiped if you remove the battery
for a while, but I haven't tried it.(Haven't had the need...
:>) Does anyone know?

I have had the need on several occaisions (three in five years) and it
does work with black NeXT hardware. In fact you do not need to wait at
all. Remove the battery, short the correct chip and all settings
(including hardware password) are cleared.

Just removing the battery and waiting will work (I have heard) but
results from the above are immediate.

        Larry Bookstaver

  By Date           By Thread