Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [8lgm]-Advisory-22.UNIX.syslog.2-Aug-1995
From: karl () bagpuss demon co uk (Karl Strickland)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 19:41:07 +0100

I just called local Sun support. They don't know anything about this
hole and they don't accept the 8lgm advisory as problem report as we
cannot prove that the bug exists on *our* SunOS host. Outch! I cannot
believe that nobody else has opened a service call or bug fix request
(or whatever Sun calls this) at Sun Microsystems. They referred me to
patch 100909-03 which fixed a hole in syslogd for SunOS 4.1.3...

My questions are:

-  Is there an official patch from Sun and what's the patch-ID?

not as far as i know

-  Has anybody talked to Sun about this problem?

yes

-  Is Sun working on a patch?

yes.

Mark Graff is the man you want to speak to - graff () eng sun com   He's
in charge of sorting the patches out.  Mark's told us (8LGM) that Sun have
produced exploitation code for this, and are working on a fix.

I dont know the status of it, perhaps Mark will reply as I know he
watches this list.

--
Mailed using ELM on FreeBSD               |                    Karl Strickland

  By Date           By Thread