Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

loadmodule hole
From: cweng () alantec com (Chi-Cheong Weng)
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 20:59:57 PDT

Hi I have an interesting question to discuss with you.
On my system (running SunOS 4.1.3), for security reason, eqvload and
evqmod-sun4c.o are removed. But /usr/openwin/loadmodule with suid bit
is still there. I have copied the  eqvload and evqmod-sun4c.o from other
machine to my system's /tmp and then ran
/usr/openwin/loadmodule /tmp/evqmod-sun4c.o /tmp/eqvload

the loadmodule complained that it could not find evqmod-sun4c.o and
eqvload under /usr/openwin/modules directory.

My question is: Does loadmodule only look into /usr/openwin/modules directory ?
Can I set up an environment variable to have loadmodule read
the modules form /tmp directory ????

  By Date           By Thread