Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: SU ...
From: Jules.vanWeerden () let ruu nl (Jules van Weerden)
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 17:36:20 +0200

Hi,

We are trying to set up the Enhanced Security option in a BSD Ultrix
System 4.3a.
Everything goes well, but now we can only su from console. Is there any
workaround for this ?. The system administration  tasks aren't  carried
out  by a single persone so we must be able to log in from network
ttys, but we don 't want to make every tty secure.
Any ideas? A group like sun's wheel would be of help.
Try to add the word 'su' at the end of the lines in /etc/ttys.
Works for Ultrix 4.3. See also man 4 ttys.

Good luck,                      Jules van Weerden
                                CIM, Fac of Arts, UU, NL

  By Date           By Thread