Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

tcpd on IRIX (was Re: SunOS 4.1.4 fingerd)
From: mouse () Collatz McRCIM McGill EDU (der Mouse)
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 06:32:50 -0400

just fyi, in case you hadn't tried it ... tcpd does a nice job of
stopping this nonsense.

We use tcpd (tcp-wrappers) to block outside finger connections on a
machine, but [...].  So I still have to modify the source for the
fingers on any machine that won't run wrappers (like IRIX).

Huh?  We tcp-wrap our IRIX machines, no problem....

                                        der Mouse

                            mouse () collatz mcrcim mcgill edu

  By Date           By Thread