Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Denial of Service Attacks INFO
From: Doug.Hughes () Eng Auburn EDU (Doug Hughes)
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 13:18:17 -0500

UDP Bomb - By sending a UDP packet with incorrect information in the
header, some Sun-OS 4.1.3 Unix boxes will panic and then reboot.

Anyone willing to say _what_ this magic incorrect information is?  I'd
much rather not have to take the time to grab the patch, uncompile both
it and the file(s) it replaces, and try to figure it out from there.

I wonder.. could this be referring to the old source route bug that
would cause SunOS machines to crash (usually using ping -l)
?

Doug

  By Date           By Thread