mailing list archives
More on HP-UX Glance Vunerability.
From: jjacobi () nova umuc edu (John W. Jacobi)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 12:55:37 -0400
With regard to my message about HP-UX Glance it is simpler than I thought.
You need only do the following:
1. Log in as yourself.
2. Decide what file you want to create for world write.
3. do a umask 000
4. Then do /usr/perf/bin/glance -f <that_file>
5. After a few seconds, quit glance.
6. That file will now be there and world is writeable, now edit it.
7. If it previousle existed, it will be trunc'ed with orig perms.
- More on HP-UX Glance Vunerability. John W. Jacobi (Sep 23)