Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: procfs hole
From: perhaps () YES NO (Eivind Eklund)
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 15:51:54 +0200

There is a major hole in procfs under FreeBSD 2.2.1 (2.1 is not affected,
I have not tested 3.x but I believe it to be vulnerable as well) along
with OpenBSD (not tested by me, but by someone else -- believe it was
2.1-RELEASE although obsd doesnt mount procfs by default like freebsd
does).

Temporary fix: Disable the /proc filesystem.  Setting ro instead of rw in
/etc/fstab or chmod'ing on the mountpoint do _not_ work.

Eivind,
looking for a proper fix, but not expecting to get there before David.

  By Date           By Thread