Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: procfs hole
From: jonz () NETRAIL NET (Jonathan A. Zdziarski)
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 11:52:44 +0000

Would disabling bash and sh (and any other shells that allowed this) be a
good temporary solution?  I've noticed you have to have it set as your
default shell, so removing it from /etc/shells could prevent this.  It's
either that or disbale procfs (and I'm still not sure what the effects of
that would be)

Jonathan A. Zdziarski                                NetRail Incorporated
Server Engineering Manager                    230 Peachtree St. Suite 500
jonz () netrail net                                        Atlanta, GA 30303
http://www.netrail.net                                    (888) - NETRAIL