Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Net/OpenBSD local reboot
From: explorer () FLAME ORG (Michael Graff)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 19:59:35 -0400

Ficus carica <fc () parkone ci oakland ca us> writes:

Alight, seems as though due to lack of sleep, and perhaps a
bit of sour grapes at being brushed off by openbsd over a
likely unrelated bug, I have managed to combine two unrelated
problems. It seems openbsd will reboot under the circumstances
described with any large ping. I have no evidence netbsd
exhibits the same behaviour.

NetBSD won't.  I fixed that some time ago.  BTW, a traceroute with a
large packet size will probably crash the kernel too...

--Michael

  By Date           By Thread