mailing list archives
Re: FreeBSD,rlogin and coredumps.
From: batsy () INTERLOG COM (jamie)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 10:31:46 -0500
I discovered this on BSDi 2.1 in november but as far as I could tell
it created the corefile with roots umask (077) and there was nothing to
be worried about. Indeed it had master.passwd entries in it, (this was
with identd and also worked on freebsd-960612 SNAP) but because uof the
umask (or for other reasons) it was not readable by anyone but root.
Maybe I was delusional..
On Mon, 17 Feb 1997, Jamshid Abedi wrote:
:Also worked on my BSDI 2.1 box.
:Jamshid Abedi / jabedi () newyorkview com
:On Mon, 17 Feb 1997, Roelof W Temmingh wrote:
:> I also tried this on a FreeBSD 2.1.5 box, and it did the same thing. I
:> wonder if there is a way to make a core dump only readable by root, and why
:> this isn't the default?
Jamie Reid, Jr Sys-admin, batsy () interlog com x232
"There's a fine line between sayings that make sense." -TooMuchCoffeeMan
Re: IRIX: Bug in startmidi Yuri Volobuev (Feb 10)
Re: IRIX: Bug in startmidi Jon Lewis (Feb 10)
- Re: Bug in apache httpd 1.1.3, (continued)
- Re: screen 3.05.02 Mr. Cyb (Feb 16)
- FreeBSD,rlogin and coredumps. Roelof W Temmingh (Feb 16)
- Re: FreeBSD,rlogin and coredumps. David Greenman (Feb 17)
- Re: FreeBSD,rlogin and coredumps. Adrian Chadd (Feb 17)
- Re: FreeBSD,rlogin and coredumps. Jamshid Abedi (Feb 17)
- Re: FreeBSD,rlogin and coredumps. jamie (Feb 18)
- Re: FreeBSD,rlogin and coredumps. Nathan Torkington (Feb 18)
- Re: FreeBSD,rlogin and coredumps. Daniel O'Callaghan (Feb 19)
- Re: FreeBSD,rlogin and coredumps. Simon Karpen (Feb 19)
- Re: FreeBSD,rlogin and coredumps. Michael Lerperger (Feb 17)
- NetBIOS Auditing Tool Oliver Friedrichs (Feb 17)