Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

REPOST: Re: Addendum to Rpcbind Advisory
From: wietse () WZV WIN TUE NL (Wietse Venema)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 09:07:08 -0400

[In case you wonder what the heck Mr. Huger was responding to, it
seems that my announcement was lost after being forwarded to the
bugtraq moderator, so I am reposting it]

I have updated my rpcbind source so that it rejects requests from
remote clients to UDP or TCP ports other than 111. It is ready for
downloading, see ftp://ftp.win.tue.nl/pub/security/index.html.

In the future, I'd appreciate it if SNI would contact me, the
author, before announcing a possible loophole in my source code.
Oh, and my first name is Wietse, not Wieste.

      Wietse

  By Date           By Thread