Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: ircii-pana (BitchX) 74p4 overflow
From: rich () ALCOR CONCORDIA CA (Rich Lafferty)
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 15:18:15 -0400

On Wed, 27 May 1998, Brian Weiss wrote:

Thanks for the report, although this problem has already been fixed in the
75 alpha versions. If you would like, you can obtain a 75aX binary through
one of two methods:

1. /ctcp q cdcc list - on efnet

Eesh! On an IRC network with no nick-ownership services, this is just
*begging* for trouble. You should post the user () host of the client which
is to be trusted.

The effect of a malevolent user obtaining that nick would be unfortunate.

  -Rich/mendel () efnet

--
Computing Services       | "How should I know if it works? That's what

  By Date           By Thread