Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Similar Internet Explorer security problem
From: h1.scharnagl () tirol com (Harry)
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 1980 00:28:01 +0100

Hi all,

First of all, my apologies if it has already been known or was discussed
earlier.

Concerning the problem with Netscape 4.5 mentioned by Jukka I have found
another similar problem with the German version of the Internet Explorer
which
is combined with Outlook Express version 4.72.3110.x .
In fact, if you turn off Java in the options menue you will see all Java
applets
running anyway altho you have disabled Java.
I am of the opinion that this might be a much more serious security hole
since
Java is in many cases more dangerous than Javascript.

Answers are appreciated!

Best regards,
Harry
h1.scharnagl () tirol com