mailing list archives
Re: Exploit for Mandrake 6.1 (PAM/userhelper bug)
From: jgault () WINGNET NET (Jeremy Gault)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:47:17 -0500
I tried this on a couple of my Mandrake 6.1 machines and it did
work. Tried it on a Mandrake 7.0 box and it didn't work. I went to
the Mandrake FTP site and downloaded a RPM of 7.0's PAM,
installed it, and everything seems happy now.
* Mandrake Linux 6.1 has the same problem as Red Hat Linux 6.x but its
* exploit (pamslam.sh) doesn't work on it (at least on my machine). So,
* I created this C program based on it which exploits PAM/userhelper
* and gives you UID 0.
* Red Hat Linux 6.0, Red Hat Linux 6.1, Mandrake Linux 6.1.
Systems Administrator - WingNET Internet Services
- Re: Our old friend Firewall-1, (continued)