Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Hide Drives does not work with OUTLOOK 98.
From: jhw1970 () HOTMAIL COM (jhw1970 () HOTMAIL COM)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 15:10:11 -0000

Using the techniques described in the KB (Q242092 - How to:
Use System Policies to Hide Specific Drives) I've been able
successfully hide drives located in a stand-alone WinNT 4.0
Workstation.  The default user is only allowed to view
their own personal drive/folders.  This process works fine
when viewing directories using Win Explorer, My Computer,
and the DOS prompt.

One problem.  I just found that a user can view the hidden
drives when attaching a file using OUTLOOK 98.  Using this
technique the users is able to copy, cut, paste, or delete
files on the hidden drives.

Any suggestions?

-- JHW

  By Date           By Thread