Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Potential security problem with mtr
From: R.E.Wolff () BITWIZARD NL (Rogier Wolff)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 00:40:38 +0100

Viktor Fougstedt wrote:
mtr-0.28 seems to be a standard package in some Linux distributions,
but it is not known whether it is installed setuid-root.

0.41 is current.

The authors have been contacted, but no reply has been received. The
latest version is from Aug 19 1999, and I am uncertain whether mtr is
still being actively developed.

I'm the maintainer. I haven't been contacted. Viktor, may I ask you to
do your homework a bit better next time?

                                Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff () BitWizard nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2137555 **
*       Common sense is the collection of                                *

  By Date           By Thread