Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

trivial DoS in webTV
From: Andrew Griffiths <andrewg () SCHOLAR DON TASED EDU AU>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 00:30:06 +1100

   There exists a trivial DoS in webTV coming from plain 98
installation.

By sending a udp packet to the 22701-22705 (opened up by annclist.exe)
you can cause the program to crash or cause various blue screens etc.
The larger the size, the more dramitic the effects (lockups,  reboots
and that).

Microsoft (secure () microsoft com) was advised around 13/8.  I asked them
to get back to me a while ago, but I haven't heard any responses yet.

Good day.

Oh yeah, port 22703 mainly causes reboots. Enjoy.

  By Date           By Thread