Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: More info for E*TRADE users
From: "Greg A. Woods" <woods () weird com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:29:48 -0400

[ On Tuesday, September 26, 2000 at 18:42:48 (+0800), Lincoln Yeoh wrote: ]
Subject: Re: More info for E*TRADE users

The trouble is the people who really need to read Bugtraq aren't doing it ;).

I suspect most of the aspiring attackers are reading Bugtraq. The decent
defenders are reading Bugtraq. But the clueless coders aren't. And I
believe the clueless coders vastly outnumber the Bugtraq'ers.

That's the truth!

A recent survey I read suggested there are well over 2 *million*
VisualBasic programmers (getting paid to write such code) in the USA
alone.  There are still lots of C++ coders too.  Recent articles in the
trade press suggest that even Cobol coders are writing Internet
applications, and the one article I'm thinking of even suggested that
mainframe security was not up to the task either!

--
                                                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods () acm org>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods () planix com>; Secrets of the Weird <woods () weird com>

  By Date           By Thread